Sunday, November 26, 2006

A walk to remember.

Today I tried to get to a park I had heard of. I left early(ish) in the morning, and hit up the farmer's market too. I got there too late to see everything in full swing, but it really looked cool. It's in the main building of the Keith's brewery (which looks like an indoor village) and it's got so many vendors selling a multitude of different things. I definitely plan on revisiting and taking some pictures. Before I left I got some Indian cuisine and ate it on a bench by the harbour.

Then I got up and walked on towards the park. I ended up getting turned around and getting into some areas I don't think I was supposed to be. I was in some major shipping yard with tons of ships and train tracks everywhere. Eventually I hit some Gov. of Canada Defence building, and I decided that was a good time to climb the ledge seperating this 'magical' area from the rest of the city.

Turns out I ended up about 2 blocks from the park, so I kept on going. It was awsome. There were old buildings, TONS of paths, tons of people on dates and people with dogs, and TONS of crows. There were some great views, and great areas to just sit and be quite. I had a newspaper I had just purchaised with me, so I sat and read that on a bench constructed from the bits of wood collected after Huricane Juan.

I ended up walking for almost 4 hours. I'm glad I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm...sounds lovely...and yes i did email you back. have you not noticed that on homework sunday my letters are the longest?you need to start tracking these things..tsk tsk.

p.s: today TWO people complimented me in saying i am internet savvy... it made me laugh but it also made me think about how no matter what i come across, your research is always much more random and out there....and for that reason alone, the things i learn about stick to my memory like crazy glue. when i am millinon bijillionaire, i will hire you as a personal mentor.

Anonymous said...

i just tried to delete that comment and edit it so it would make sense but the option doesn't exist any more? GAH.

thus, i will explain that i meant the things i learn FROM YOU actually stick to my memory, and i meant to spell million bajillionaire properly...

night night

Hermano Rojo said...

Excellent! I'm glad you didn't get too worried about them alligators I left around your place. I hear they's feisty this time-o-years!