Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's a living.

Well, today was and will be interesting. I told my current employer that I was offered a full time job at East Side's, which they took very well, and hope I'll stay, but are ok with me leaving if that's what I decide to do.

I start my first training shift at East Side's tonight at 5pm. I figured it was better to know what the job was all about before I turned it outright turned it down. So, I still don't know which direction I'm going to go job wise.

Just after telling my manager at Uncommon Grounds about my shift at East Side Mario's, I received a call from the manager of Second Cup. It's in-freakin-credible how when you really want a job, it seems like nobody is calling you back, but once you get a job, everyone wants to hire you.

At least I'm out of the house. Also, as is pictured below, I was able to take home a dozen bagels, 3 oat cakes, 2 vegan breakfast bars, 2 sugar cookies, and 2 rum cakes (one chocolate, one not) from Uncommon Grounds at the end of my shift. These are the perks that I'm going to miss if I decided to work elsewhere.

2 comments:

Sazzmo said...

Sell out...

Working for the "man"!!

Anonymous said...

wow. that IS a lot of starches. as tempting as that is, i am so glad i dont work at a food place any more. i have little willpower when it comes to baked goods, chocolate, ect...(you didn't know this, so i had to tell you).

*wink*