Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Peggy's Cove

Last weekend, Rich and I drove out to Peggy's cove. I didn't really know what to expect, but when I got there I was like 'Now THIS is Nova Scotia'. We saw all the sights, the lighthouse, the rock carving, the fishing boats and lobster nets, and then we were done. It was a COLD day, and we pretty much had seen everything after about an hour, so we decided not to hang about.

Preceding our visit to Peggy's Cove, we drove out to see the memorial for Swiss Air Flight 111 which crashed back in 1998. (a 2 minute drive from Peggy's) While there we happened to meet one of the volunteers who actually responded to the crash. The view of the ocean was splendid (oh yeah, we saw the ocean) and we were there just as the sun was getting ready to set.

There are pictures in the album, if anyone's curious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a BEAUTIFUL photo for your post. I also liked S3000059.JPG and S3000063.JPG from the album. They are so creative and fun. Make it look like you are in a dreamworld.

p.s: i think you need to buy a warm scarf and thick mittens for your next adventure outdoors. you might just last longer.

Hermano Rojo said...

Yeah, I brought mitts and scarves, but I didn't think it was going to be that cold! I learned my lesson though!