Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mocca Frappé Latté au WHAT?!?!

I started my new job today at Uncommon Grounds, and it was a hoot. First of all, the weather was absolute rubbish. It rained, and blew, and was really neat to watch from behind a wall of windows, but terrible to have to walk in.

I started my day at 5:30 am when I awoke, showered, dressed, and walked to work. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to start today or tomorrow, but I figured it was better to show up today and not be on the schedule, then be on the schedule and not show up. My gamble paid off, I was in fact supposed to start today, although it was just a short shift to get me introduced to everything. I stayed for 11 hours. I figured, why not, what else have I got to do, and so I picked up a couple shifts.

It's a fun place to work, and the girls I work with seem like they're a lot of fun too. Apparently the other guy I work with is my height and has red hair. People say I look like him, but I'm going to reserve judgement.

Anyway, besides the tips, and not having to work late or on weekends, I get to drink anything I want, and as much of it as I want, I am thus wired, and worried that tomorrow morning might come a bit too soon. I also get 50% off food or anything else, whether I'm working or not. Everyone seems chilled, and I think I'm going to like it. I just need to hear back from a few other places before I know EXACTLY what I'm going to be doing for the next couple months.

2 comments:

Sazzmo said...

Bah Coffee...
You should throw it in the harbour...

Have yourself a Boston Coffee Party...

Or start selling it on the black market...

Anonymous said...

looking fwd to the fancy hot drinks you will be able to make me with my thinga ma bobber. :D