Monday, October 02, 2006

Grayson and Geertgen, sittin' in a tree . . .

Lots to say, and no time to say it. I’ll post more tomorrow! In the meantime (just to keep everyone from clawing out their eyes in dismay) I will post this . . .Entitled ‘Virgin and Child’ it was painted in the 1480s by Geertgen tot Sint Jans. I think it’s awesome and, despite being 530 years old, looks very contemporary.

If you have any interest at all in independent publications, social activism, the art of slack, comics, or pretty much anything else on Earth (this should include everyone reading this post) you should try to attend Canzine 2006 in Toronto. I’m going to try my damndest to make it.

4 comments:

Glow Worm said...

What's your new e-mail addy?

Anonymous said...

Hey I realize it's Thanksgiving and all , but next Monday is Pirates of the Caribbean theme night at Brando's karaoke.
Pretty much everybody there last night agreed that we *had* to get in touch somehow to let you know !
Hope to see you there,
Craig

Anonymous said...

...sitting in tree? This Geertgen fellow might have to watch his dead back.

So I guess you won't be making those dates now any more eh? Thats too bad but you still have lots to look fwd to :)

I'm on my way to bed soon. Thought I would show some support and comment on your blog. It has been a little while!

Kisses and all that jazz...

Hermano Rojo said...

In Order . . .

llama1867 at hotmail.com (I wrote it like that so weird bots won't be able to track me down)

I'll try to make it for Monday! That sounds like fun!

Thanks babe, and don't worry, Geertgen's got nothing on you.