Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shirley, Shirley bo Birley

Does your name play a role in defining who you are? Last names can mark a person’s class or familial history in a way which defines them before actually getting to know their individual personality. If one of your ancestors was a great philanthropist or activist, you’ll probably be painted with the same brush when people first meet you. Other families suffer an unsavory stigma based on the misconducts of their forefathers or even nuclear family members.

With that said . . . check out this site and see if you can find the meaning of your name. If not check out this site to see if you can decipher any hidden meaning yourself.

3 comments:

None said...

My first name came from the river in Ireland which I knew. I didn't know it was associated to my sister's name too. That's pretty cool. For my last name I was expected to hear about a circus or something but instead found a gaelic form...its "warlike"...I should tell that to everyone who teases me! :P

None said...

expected = expecting

Sazzmo said...

My name means to bear christ...
uh... boo!