Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The roof, the roof, the roof was on fire . . .

Last night as I was about to call Shabudabu to invite her out with some pals for a drink at the pub, she called me. The call didn’t last very longs, just long enough to tell me that her apartment building was on fire. Thus ended the pub night, and began the biggest bonfire (80 foot flames at it’s peek) this city has seen since last year! Thankfully Shabu is okay, and everyone from the adjacent buildings were evacuated, however due to smoke and water damage I don’t know how long it’s going to be before they’re allowed to get their stuff or move back in.

3 comments:

None said...

I'm sorry. I should have included your name in my post earlier today especially since you did a good job of making me feel safe once you found me. Sometimes just being in your arms makes me feel like I'm home, no matter where we are...

Hopefully you will forgive me seeing as every other post on blog is about you ;)

Anonymous said...

DUDE! The addy book was teh key.

Holy cripes did it ever burn!

How do I get one of these things dangit!

-Chantellery

Sazzmo said...

That sir is/was a freakin tragedy...

The roof, organ, etc fell through into my father's office...

So much that can't be replaced...
So many programs for the poor that will just stop for now...


I'm not religious, I don't even like churches... But that wasn't a church that burned to the ground, it was a pillar of the community... More than that school will ever be...

I am saddened for the poor of downtown brantford...