Saturday, January 07, 2006

Built for life in Brantford

Up until last night, I had not been to the Ford Plant in some time. However after talking with one of the owner operators on the bus the other day I was inspired to take Shabudabu to a show. It was an acoustic set and there were three bands playing. The first, ‘The Irrocci Family’ was a trio of young people who played songs like ‘Nights in White Satin’ and ‘California Dreaming’. The second artist, ‘Rich Worby’, was solo and he sang a number of original, interpretive dance inspiring, acoustic songs as well as a wonderful emoesk version of Haddaway’s ‘What is Love?’. The last artist was from a group called ‘Cuff The Duke’, however most of the band was trapped, due to van trouble, in Parry Sound. Whoever he was, he did a great job, and I was really impressed by his music. He was a skinny little guy who you’d never expect to sound like he did. The show next weekend is supposed to be a good one, and I think I may check it out. I may even become a regular . . . who knows!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, that "skinny little guy" is wayne petti... he is the lead singer of cuff the duke.

just fyi!