Monday, May 07, 2007

Last second creations

This year for Christmas I got a sweet watch. It’s not a brand name or anything, but it works well and I like it. Very recently the band broke on me, so (before hearing that the missing piece had been retrieved) I put a snap on it as a fastener. Sadly this wasn’t a very secure method of keeping my watch attached to my arm so I surrendered and went to the mall to buy a new band. After finding watchbands much more costly than I had expected, I suddenly got an idea. I don’t know where it came from, but suddenly I could see clearly in my mind’s eye how to MAKE MY OWN watchband!
Following my epiphany I dashed to the dollar store and bought a lanyard with the Canadian flag on it. Then I purchased some ‘backpack strap’ material at Len’s Mill. I combined this with an old belt buckle I had at home and after a little creative engineering I had a new watch band, perfect for backpacking across Europe.

It’s clearly homemade (you can see stitch work etc.) but that just adds character right?

ALSO . . .

. . . Some of you may recall that I promised to post a picture of the cool ‘Rock Monster’ I found while at work a month or so ago. Well, here he is . . .
Pretty awesome eh? I also made this wallpaper to showcase how totally rad the green beast really is.

1 comment:

Sazzmo said...

That my friend is a cool watch, well done... And as I guess I won't be seeing you before you go... Have a good trip, & try not to get yourself killed... You know what I mean...