Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A couple missing pieces.

Ok, while I've got a moment I'll fill everyone in on a few things that've happened since my arrival in Ireland.

Since my arrival the weather has been pretty cold and wet. This is to be expected in Ireland but what bugs me is the past few weeks have been really beautiful and sunny. Everyone I've met has jokingly mentioned that I missed summer.

I've been helping one of my hosts build a tunnel (greenhouse thing) and that's been interesting. The biggest accomplishment of the day was getting power to our caravan! We've been powerless 'till now, reading at night to the light of flashlights. But that's sorted now, and it wasn't bad to begin with anyway, just makes for an interesting trip!

I've been eating great as well, everyone seems eager to feed Keith and I. Today for lunch we had fried pumpkin, potatoes with cheese over them, baked beans and cooked carrots with peas. It was tasty and we washed it all down with some Darjeeling tea.

I guess that's all I really missed since my last post, and I should go now anyway. I told Keith and Colm (my host) that I was just going to respond to an e-mail and I've been gone for the better part of a half an hour!

(There'll be more pictures when I remember to take my camera with me to update my blog)

2 comments:

Glow Worm said...

Awesome! Glad you're making new friends along the way. I'm off to Oregon in a couple of hours, so I'll catch up later!

Hermano Rojo said...

Yeah, you'll have to let me know how life with the wolves is!