Thursday, May 17, 2007

Last night at Pepper's

I've got today off and I think I'm going to go for a bike ride. I took advantage of not having to wake up early today by attending a music session in Pepper's Pub last night. It was in a neighboring village called Feakle (rather unfortunate name, I know).

It was a lot less formal than I was expecting, I had thought it would be a band playing traditional music, but it was really a bunch of local musicians who sat around a table and played music for the crowd. There were another couple folks in the audience who (after a little prodding) sang or recited poetry (there was a little Canadiana moment when one gent regaled the crowd with the story surrounding the Cremation of Sam McGee)

Overall a good time was had by all, and in the tiny pub, with not more than 30 people in attendance I met an American, some South Africans, a French contingent and a bunch of Dutch folks. (That's not counting the Austrian and Australian who I had arrived with) I think there might even have been a couple Irish people there too!

No comments: