Sunday, May 13, 2007

I made it!

I don't have much time to post, and I've got a million and one stories to tell already. I've been in Ireland now for 3 days and I've met lots of people and had many great experiences. Everyone is really friendly and likes to chat over a pint or three of Guinness.

Last night I went to Mass (really interesting) at a small Catholic church on the walk between where I live and Taumgraney and then watched a hurling match (there was a man I had met earlier in the day who took some time to explain rules to me. His team had their asses handed to them). Following that I hitched a lift into Taumgraney and walked from there to Scarriff. That was fun, and I met some locals, had some drinks and some laughs before having to walk all the way home alone in the cold and dark.

Today I went to a car boot sale in a horse arena. There wasn't really anything there that I was interested in, so Keith (the Aussie I'm sharing a caravan with) just came home and had some tea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

3 days and I already envy you like you would not believe !

Glad you're having a good time, though I had no doubt whatsoever that you'd make fast friends there...that's just you. :)

Looking forward to your next post !

Cheers buddy,

Craig

Hermano Rojo said...

Well, so far so good. I've met a lot of people and a few local farmers from down the pub.