Thursday, May 24, 2007

Anyone out there???

Well I've moved on since last I've posted and I'm in West Claire now. Things are great and the ocean is only a hop, skip and a jump away. (Actually you might not want to take that last jump or you'll end up actually in the water.)

I've taken a few pictures recently, and then not brought my camera to the library in Kilrush. Oh well, another time I guess.

I thought today I would just list a couple of things I've learned since arriving in Ireland . . .

1) Stuff is expensive
2) If you ever want to meet anyone, just go to the pub
3) Every store looks like a pub (and some do double duty)*
4) Um . . . I guess thats it.

I had a much longer list in my head, but when I sat down to type it out I could only remember three of them. Perhaps I'll add more in the future.

Nah!

* In Carigaholt (or something like it) the village I'm staying beside there is a pub built into the back of the local grocery store. Apparently this used to be quite common practice!

4 comments:

Sazzmo said...

so do people think you're from there until you start talking?

Unknown said...

I was wondering that myself , how well do you blend in with the locals ?

Oh , here's a bit of news from back home for you...Brando's has a new host for karaoke ! You'll have to come out for it when you get back , he's got a MUCH better selection ( not that it's hard to top what Gary had ) :)

Hermano Rojo said...

For the most part people do think I'm Irish 'till I start talking. Then they'll usually say something like . . .

'You'd think you were Irish with that red hair? Have you any ancestry?'

Then I'm usually like . . .

'So what if I do?'

And things tend to go downhill from there.*

I'll look forward to learning all about the quirks of the new karaoke guy so I can be prepared when I return.

* Everything in this post between the words 'ancestry' and 'I'll look forward . . .' is a complete fabrication.

Anonymous said...

ginger kids, much like the irish, often have no souls.