Friday, April 21, 2006

On the road again

I got a new bike the other day and today I got to ride it all over hell’s half acre. I followed bike trails through the woods, the rail trail, and got a slight sunburn. It was worth it. If I can sustain my enthusiasm I might just get in shape in time for the beach.

As my bike ride came to an end I headed home, and took a turn down Dufferin Avenue. Normally a street known for it’s wonderful sights (beautiful heritage mansions) tonight the scenery was complimented by the smell of freshly planted flowers. Made me glad to be alive!

It also made me want to garden!! I’ve been scouting out some spots for our community garden, and have a few sites that look promising. I also found a secluded spot by the train tracks which would be good for a vegetable patch. I’ll keep everyone posted, and please feel free to suggest new sites or ideas.

6 comments:

None said...

I think this is one of my favorite post that you wrote for this month.

I also hope that you are "glad to be alive" more often than not. Actually I can tell but you are full of surprises and ideas on how to make life even better.

Let the gardening begin. :)

Hermano Rojo said...

Huzzah! The cries of the proletariat have rung out, and have not fallen upon deaf ears! The gardening shall commence, and the plants that we plant shall grow up strong, and healthy. Metaphors for those who plant and maintain them.

None said...

Huzzah eh.

I think I'm going to steal a sentence you used on me once:

"You are such a geek but I like you"

Anonymous said...

Look at me, I am posting something.

Where did you get a new bike? How many speeds is it? Like, 18? Cause thats pretty good.

Hermano Rojo said...

It's a used bike I picked up in Eagle Place. It cost me $60, and it has a removable seat and shocks on the front wheel and the frame.

I have no idea how many speeds it is, but it's got some.

None said...

And the guy who sold it was an old cutie with sparkly blue eyes and grandpa jokes.

ps.: Some fish and chips are wimpy and not worth your money. You might as well make your own.