Tuesday, April 04, 2006

1 Year of blogging!!!

Today marks one year since I started this blog. When I started this blog I really had no interest in starting a blog, I just wanted to comment on Shabudabu’s blog and she had it set to members only. Not having a blog myself I didn’t know that was a setting she could change, so I foolishly started blogging. At first I didn’t have much to say (except on the subject of frustration and mucous) and thus stopped updating for a while. When I DID catch the blogging bug, it was too late. I had forgotten my login name and password. Determined to remember I e-mailed blogger and asked if they could help me remember. They couldn’t. I brokenly decided to start another blog and thusly entered a login name and password, both of which sounded familiar. So I tried the new login and password on my old account, and it worked. ‘Bloody Daffodils’ I yelled (or something to that effect) and I was off.


Blogging is much more difficult than I had originally expected, and I am not always sure I do a very good job. Anyone can fill a blog with text, but making that text something someone else will want to read, that’s a whole different challenge. The secret, I think, is to share openly. People like to catch glimpses into the lives of strangers, and if everything they read has been self censored, they’re going to lose interest. At the same time, who wants to bear their soul openly on the internet for ‘god know’s who’ to read? The balance is difficult to find, and it’s something that after a year, still manages to elude me.

Thank you everyone who supports me by reading and responding to ColourCircus. Thanks to those who have answered questions and offered advice. As a way of saying thank you, I now link to you a little game called Mancala Snails.

And now, for something completely different . . .

5 comments:

None said...

Happy Anniversary.

...and to think how much has changed since you first wrote it. we have always been supportive of one another's blogs, even when we weren't together!

I think you are my # 1 reader and commenter!

Hermano Rojo said...

Thanks sweetie. I remember before I had a blog I was ANTIblog. It seemed everyone had one, but it's only a few people who keep them going!! ;)

Unknown said...

congrats... i can't beleive i missed this.

great game too. i love snails.

Hermano Rojo said...

You got me again you slick bastard!!

Unknown said...

hahah, i didn t even mean that one that time. the link messed up.

i am pretty funny though.

on a side note. i like the liberties you have taken with the shape of you site. i m thinking of redecorating again soon, perhaps even a complete overhaul - colour scheme, design, name perhaps... however i don't know if i ll go that far.