Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Frontier House


I taped this entire show in my second year of university. It’s fantastic (except the one family from California they piss me off) and really gives you an insight into life on the frontier. I used to volunteer at Westfield Heritage Village and re-enact the war of 1812 which gave me some insights into the heritage lifestyle and I would love the experience to live it for an extened period of time. I don’t think I could last TOO long, but it would be fun to live it for more than just a weekend. Maybe I need to join a new regiment or find a way to Westfield each week. Maybe I need to rethink my post topics so they have something more insightful to say, or maybe the key to this post is to extrapolate your own meaning from it! The world (No, not the band) may never know!

P.S. - Still no word on my bike. I think I can safely accept that it is gone.

4 comments:

None said...

I remember a little over a year ago...sometime in september you and I had our first in person conversation that lasted more than a few hours. One thing that stood out was when you told me about your re-enacting experiences after I mentioned something about my brother. From then on, it comes up from time to time when we meet new people. You always light up when it becomes a topic, and I can see it meant a lot to you. I agree that you should find (a local) regiment that would satify your interests. Maybe I'll go with you once and see what all the fuss is about. :)

Hermano Rojo said...

Sweet answer!! But . . . I don’t know if you will be able to come only once. You might get bitten by the ‘first person historical interpretation’ bug. (Don’t worry readers. This bug is a metaphor and is nothing to lose sleep over.)

Sazzmo said...

Uh... unless Evan bites her... Which as we know he is like to do...

Anonymous said...

Oh man, this is too perfect.

Here I was with the video of Conan O'Brien playing 1842 rules-baseball (complete with costume) and I wanted to send it to you. I click on your blog (admittedly for the first time in a little while), and you've got an entry up on re-enactments. I think you'll enjoy this - be patient though, it takes a while to load and gets better in the second half.

Let me know what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Conan-O%27-Brien---1864-baseball?v=7skjq6vuhmQ&search=conan