Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Big Day Indeed

There was a lot of stuff that happened today. I met up with Muffin’s Mc Sweetie, Sweet William, and Glow Worm for a big breakfast at Tops. I got a ‘Lumberjack’ breakfast while everyone else indulged in the splendour that is ‘The Four Duces’. I was a half hour late showing up, but everyone assured me that I had shown up at least 30 minutes before they had expected me.

After breakfast I walked the Worm to Zehrs to get some pictures developed and lost all the buttons in my jacket during a poorly executed jump from a swing in Mohawk Park. I managed to find 2 of the missing 3 buttons, but the other is lost to me forever. Although I did find a really cool tree stump that I am going to try to turn into a stein. (Wish me luck!!)

By the time I got home to get ready for work I had missed 13 calls. They were to my cell phone, so I didn’t have any messages, just a call log, but the fact that 10 of the messages came from my brother and 3 were from my Uncle, I safely guessed that my cousin had gone into labour. I called around to confirm my hypothesis and found that she had gone into labour at about 4am. The baby (Gideon Lawrence David Garret) was born about 12 hours later after a comparatively easy natural labour at home. He is the first of his generation born, and I can’t wait to meet him this Friday.

I’m packing my camera, and will be sure to post a ton of pictures in my photo album.

3 comments:

Glow Worm said...

Indeed it was a grand day! so great in fact that I had to write this entry in my diary:

"Dear Diary,
Grayson is so hot. I want to marry him and live with him and wash his feet and bear him children. I hope he never finds out!
-Heather"

I'm sorry, but I couldn't deny this any longer.....

Sazzmo said...

Wow!!!

I can't believe it...
I just can't believe it...
Gideon is a cool name...

Oh and I always knew she wanted grayson, well and that night with evan...

Such is the way...

None said...

watch it lady ;)