Monday, February 06, 2006

As Promised: v.I

I haven’t received the pictures of Gideon yet, but I also promised to post the pictures of the carcass we found on the front lawn. So here they are in all their gruesome detail. Be warned, if you live in the city and are imagining this might be something your cat would drag into your lawn you are SEVERELY mistaken.

This is the first picture I took of the thing. You can see the antlers and pelvic bone both still attached to the spine.

Look at the shine on the hoof there.

This bone was crushed into the mud by the car tire.

This is the entire thing from a different angle.

I don’t know where the heck the dog finds these things, but it’s a pretty consistent occurrence. The last BIG thing she dragged in was a severed deer head and left blood all over the snow in the front yard. Ahh, the joys of country living.

No comments: