Friday, February 10, 2006

Delicious Reading


I was reminded of an article I read recently on the internet regarding the slow food movement. I had stopped (after missing my bus) at ‘Stir it up’ and ordered a delicious spinach salad with green goddess dressing and free range chicken roti. I had to get it to go or I would miss my next bus, so that’s what I did. I wanted to eat the food while it was warm, so after Shabudabu and I hit the bus terminal I proceeded to eat my food and continued once I had boarded the bus and found a seat. I didn’t feel like I was rushing, but I managed to eat the entire thing before I got home and now I feel a slight tinge of indigestion.

I miss the days of my youth when the whole family would gather around the table to share a communal dinner. Or even when I got older and I would eat potlatch style meals at Westfield and re-enactments. Even in university there were a few occasions which allowed group gatherings to enjoy a meal and each other’s company. Unfortunately these occasions were few and far between leaving the rest of my meals solitary and lackluster. I don’t even have a table in my current apartment, nor a great need for one as Jamie and my eating habits are too divergent to allow a satisfactory common meal. I guess trying to eat right and not rushing is the best I can hope for now, but sometime in the not too distant future I hope to be able to achieve some more substantial goals.

5 comments:

None said...

see thats the downfall of you moving further away from me...less meals together. i miss them terribly. after the insanity of this week and next, we can plan them a little more regularly.

we have a few things to celebrate :)

Sazzmo said...

You damn hippies and your vegetables... when will you learn?

Sazzmo said...

Probably not at Heathers going away party February 10th in Guelph... as you do have a habit of not showing up and dissapointing people...

Note the lack of a joke here...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.