Sunday, February 05, 2006

Babies, Baboons, Sheepskins,Two Steps and Tea

Thusfar my weekend has been splendid. It started on a great note. Shabudabu and some pals invited me to the Ranch in Guelph. The plan prior to that had been to head out to Caistor and spent the night, then head to pick Ayden up from school and continue on to Blyth. It just so happens that Ayden lives in Guelph and it would make things easier if I went to the Ranch and then spent the night in Res. with Ayden. I’m glad it worked out that way because I had a wonderful time in the bar dancing and singing, and almost getting trampled a half dozen times by the two steppers. Although there was lots of music that I had never heard, I was able to slow dance with Shabudabu to ‘Simple Kind of Man’ by Leonard Skynard which I really enjoyed. After a good ol’ time at the Ranch the girls dropped my off at UoG and Sabudabu met Ayden and all was well. It took us a few hours to find breakfast the next morning. We ended up driving around Guelph not finding anything (other than a man walking his pet baboon) and eating a large lunch at a Mennonite restaurant in Milbanks.

After that I spent a day and a bit in Blyth at Cap & Gil’s place visiting with family and meeting my new . . . er . . . cousin’s son Gideon. (We’re considering him my nephew). I forgot to pack my camera however, and so I am entirely dependant upon everyone else who was there to send me their photos. I will be sure to post once I receive them.

While we were in Blyth we sang karaoke at ‘The Boot’ which was an experience. Zoe and I sang ‘Paradise by the Dashboard Light’ by Meatloaf. It wasn’t bad. The next day we all had breakfast at The Grand View and then headed home to see Gideon and drink obscene amounts of tea. Before we arrived at the house we decided to take a slight detour and visit the Old Mill. I bought two new sheep skins (one I use as a mat, and one I sleep on to add comfort and warmth.).

Before returning to Brantford we had to take Ayden back to Caistor so he could study for his genetics exam (don’t ask me why he’s taking genetics. I really don’t know). Upon arriving on the farm I was confronted with the antlers and partial skull, still attached to the full spine and hip bones of a deer sitting in our front lawn. There was fur, an untouched hoof, and a the poor things stomach spread all across the grass. Needless to say I took lots of pictures with my phone and will post them soon.

3 comments:

None said...

i always had a love for goats, sheep...(and lambs of course!)

but did i ever tell you i was allergic to sheepskin as a kid?

hopefully i'm over it becuase those pics look very inviting. you're so funny sometimes.

kiss

Glow Worm said...

I can't believe you were in Guelph and didn't let us know! I'm hurt.......

shann said...

hey!
thought you may want to know that the infamous michelle nixon works at the boot and was very sorry to have missed you ...
her and i are hoping to make a trek down there ourselves this week for some boot fun and getting our hair done...
great blog , keep up the good work