Saturday, December 02, 2006

Market Day

Today was market day, which I remembered just before bed last night. Luckily bedtime last night was 11 o'clock and I was able to get lots of sleep and still make it to the market in the morning. As promised I took a bunch of pictures to show everyone what I was talking about.
I also tried on a couple of hats. I don't know if I'll buy any of them, but I they were all handmade (and it was the artists themselves who ended up taking my picture wearing their creations). Which do you think suits me the best.

a)b)c)
While I was at the market I bumped into Tchaikovsky (the angry chick from the last post) who was buying some squash.

Once I left the market I went to the Sally Anne but didn't find anything I liked so I grabbed some Persian food and started to walk home. On the way I passed the Kyber Arts Centre, and it was having a craft sale. (All art school-esk indy crafts. Not the tea cosies etc. that you might expect.) It was there that I bumped into an artist who recognized me from work. We talked for a while, and it would seem that she's only been in Halifax since August. Seems like nobody I meet is actually from the city.

Upon returning home I looked at some of the business cards I grabbed and found some really cool places and people. Here are a few to show you what I mean . . .

http://halifaxscavengersociety.wikispaces.com/home
http://www.turnstilepottery.com/about.htm
http://angrysheepdesigns.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posts like these remind me why you need to do what you're doing...so thanks.

*toe pinch*

Anonymous said...

p.s: cute hats, but nothing will ever compare to your lama winter hat.

Sazzmo said...

of those... B

Anonymous said...

Hey Gray,

I like a) personally.