Saturday, December 09, 2006

Fun times at the Unfair

Well, last night was interesting. Lauraine and I had a few pre drinks and then went to the NSCAD Unfair to see Gary (Lauraine's Bo) perform as a Siamese twins in the freak show.

The Unfair was one messed up affair.

It was in the Khyber arts centre and was three stories of unorganized madness. The main floor was a bar with bands playing. The coat rack was full, so I found a strange tunnel, and followed it for a while, 'till I found a place to hang my coat. Then we climbed the stairs and hit the freak show on the second floor. There was a bearded lady, a lizard man, a bat boy, and dancing/juggling Siamese twins. This pretty much disintegrated before long and resulted in everyone abandoning the show and getting drunk.
On the third floor, there were two rooms. In the first was a ping pong tournament being held over two car hoods supported on old tires. The main room on the third floor had a banker selling tickets. Drink tickets were $3.50 and activity tickets were $1. Activities included a tattoo booth, a peep show, a photo station, face painting, coin tosses, a barber booth, a portrait studio, and tarot readings.
It was wild and fun. I didn't know anyone, but everyone thought I was a film student so I just went with it. On my way out I grabbed a poster advertising the event as a souvenir. At the next party we hit, I told everyone my tatts were real, and nobody questioned it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Grayson,

You are all that and a salted peanut. I just thought you should know.

Sazzmo said...

A cob of corn...
It just suits you somehow...
If you ever get a tattoo it should be of corn...

None said...

yeah! one that says cowabunga too. hehehe.. you're the greatest. xoxox