Friday, May 19, 2006

The sun will come out . . . tomorrow.

Remember the weather yesterday? If not I’ll refresh your memory. It rained. A lot! Making the most of the situation Shabu and I took the woke up early and headed off to the beach. We ended up doing a lot of indoor activities, like visiting the museum and stopping into the beach front shops. We even got a foot long from the Arbor (which had been torn down and rebuilt since the last time I was in Port Dover). It was a great day, despite the rain (and a couple heated arguments).

Once we made it back to Brantford we stopped to get some groceries and then I had to book it to Hamilton to pick up my Dad from work. When I got there, I took a moment (1.5 hours) to use the Highschool’s wood shop to sand a few (probably close to 200) cowrie shells into beads.

Following that, Dad wanted to stop to look at some sheds, and it turns out he knew out sales person and went to Highschool with the guy that owned the shed shop. What’s weirder is he had his highschool yearbook in the van which he serendipitously pulled out, revealing a multitude of shared memories and prompting a LENGTHY walk down memory lane.

After that we stopped at Tim Hortons and a woman my Dad knows came up to the van to tell us she was engaged. Then in Brantford again, we stopped to return some rented movies, and ran into J. Starky, city councillor. Apparently he was friends with my Uncles from way back, and knew me by name (although didn’t know I was, in relation to my uncles, until that evening).

Then I came home, made a HUGE and delicious bowl of fish soup. My own recipe, it was a delicious way to end a wonderful day.

3 comments:

None said...

your dad is a popular man and being santa clause isn't the only reason either. ;)

Sazzmo said...

A biker cowboy santa too...

Hermano Rojo said...

Okay, so tonight is off because the other Shannon is working all day. What a bizzare turn of events!

Three cheers for boyfriends who know their girlfriend's schedules!!

Hip Hip Hurray! (1)