Saturday, May 20, 2006

James Tiberius?

The Lynden Park Mall opens at 9:30 am on Saturdays NOT 10. I learned that the hard way last week. It's a good thing I learned it, because if I hadn't (having missed my bus this morning) I would have opened the store late again. Luckily I had enough time to call for a cab, and enough foresight to request Captain Kirk.

I don't know why they call him that, but he listens to cool music and the last time he picked me up he cost about $4 less than anyone else.

Transcribed below is the harrowing account of our trip to the mall.

I get into his cab and we head off to the mall. It wasn't long (about 2 blocks from my place) before some guy starts waving us down. Normally a cabby would just drive on past, but not Kirk, he's all heart. He stops and picks him up too. Turns out he's headed for the north end as well, so we split the fare. What a normal cabby would have done for $15 Kirk did for $10 split two ways. We each happily paid about $7 and boldly set off to work.

If that alone wasn't enough surprise for one day, when I got to work, I found this on the Internet. Weird eh? Makes you wonder what's going on in the day to day life of a Starfleet captain.

5 comments:

Glow Worm said...

You should ask him why! That would make for a good blog entry!

None said...

which cab company is this again??? the same one you called for me?

Hermano Rojo said...

Perhaps I will!

And yes!

Unknown said...

wow. that is incredible. not fifteen minutes ago did i add myself to the map he's got there. check out the dude from seaforth, ontario.

this is the first time i have followed blogger.com to its blogs of note. do you do it often? or is this a first for you too?

-- to get back to the mayhem, do you think we could make plans to go to a driving range? shann has been itching to go for quite some time now. also, are there fireworks at cockshutt?

Hermano Rojo said...

I have checked blogs of note before, but this is one of the best.

I would love to get together tomorrow. I'll see what Shan (my version) is up to.

Also, I think there are fireworks, but I don't know. I'll call you to finalize the details.