Sunday, November 20, 2005

Of beards and beers

I’ve recently come to believe that there is a point in a young mans life (whether or not he ever actually grows out of it is yet to be determined) where the discussion of different beers and facial hair styles takes on special significance. I have spent countless hours discussing with friends, and relative strangers alike, the best forms of facial hair, and the merits of different beers. I have spoken to both adults and teens, friends and foes, and there always seems to be a common interest in either beards or beers and in many cases both! I may be mistaken, and these conversations may exist only because I am a part of them, but I suspect this is not the case.

Please, if you have ever held a lengthy conversation with regards to your favourite beer, or debated which style of facial hair is the finest, post a comment and let the world know. I cannot suffer alone any longer . . .

2 comments:

Sazzmo said...

Well my friend and I once discussed the benefits/down-sides of goatees, mutton chops, and pirate moustaches...

We actually discussed it many times...

I couldn't tell you for sure, but we probably were drinking at least some of those times...

I like Strongbow English Cider, and he's into that crazy stubby bottled czech or prussian beer that taste like feet...

Glow Worm said...

I've had many a conversations with people about why they should drink Keith's and that yes, it is only brewed in Nova Scotia!

My brother has gone on endless discussions about beer.

You are not alone! and we should take a road trip to different wineries!