Sunday, September 18, 2005

Rootin’ Tootin’ High Falootin’

The title of this article may be a tad misleading. The word ‘tooting’ was used to rhyme and does not pertain, in any way, to flatulence. If you’re looking for fart jokes, you’re reading the wrong post.

I’m actually writing about spending a day in high society. Jamie was given free ticket to see ‘Stardust Follies’ (A homage to Broadway and Hollywood at the Sanderson Centre), but once we arrived we found we had box seats with arm rests and lots of room to fidget. The show was great and both Jamie and I had a good time. Then Jamie went home and I went to my Grandmother’s birthday dinner at the Country Club. That’s a fancy place. We had two bottles of wine (which you taste before you decide if you want the bottle) and I had a delicious rib eye steak with garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables. For dessert I had escargots (which was actually an appetizer, but I’m not really a big dessert guy).

This day stood in stark contrast to most of my days which I spend riding my bike around, renting a movie, and drinking a Tiverton in my apartment.

1 comment:

None said...

yeh you're right, you aren't a dessert guy...which is why i am a lucky gal (more for me!!!)