Monday, September 19, 2005

Applefest 2005

Today was Applefest in St.George, and I've been looking forward to it since Saturday, September 03, 2005. My Grimsby posse hit it up with some accompaniment by a couple Brantford pals, about 2 years ago and we all had a great and eventful time.

This year was very unlike last. We still had a good time, but nothing really memorable happened and we left Applefest after about an hour.

We ended up going to the Bell Homestead and taking a tour from a very friendly Charlie Bell, who gave us all the 'dirt' on the family. We had Indian food for dinner, and before the night was done had all the photographs we needed to fill the album cover of our first record. (Oh, something memorable to come out of Applefest 2005 was the formation of 'Precious Patty Wagon and the Princesses'. Don't bother waiting for our first album, it might be a while)

It was great getting to see some of the old posse again, as I've been lax in my correspondence with them, and despite the fact that Applefest present was overshadowed by expectations from Applefest past, the day was a complete success.



4 comments:

Sazzmo said...

I am so sad and jealous...

If only evan and I had been there to complete the mix...

Pattywagon, Vicrum "germ-a-phobe" Mulligan, and the woman who thought I'd have some sort of problem with her injecting herself with drugs at the dinner table...

It would never be the same, but it would have been fun to be there...

None said...

... looks like you had a nice adventure after all. :)

i have to say though, in the pic if you wearing the hat, your friend with the long curly hair looks like a ghost! i actually got the heebee geebies from looking at it too long.

Hermano Rojo said...

That's Laura, and let me tell you, it's not just the picture. She ALWAYS looks like a ghost. I sometimes think she is one.

Anonymous said...

Man, that is the worst picture of me ever!