Saturday, September 10, 2005

Life, The Universe, and Everything

This summer I’ve spent a lot of time looking for a place to live, and stressing about what I’m going to do with my life. The funny thing is, though, I’ve done very little about finding any answers. I like my job at Rogers, but it’s definitely not what I want to be doing. I’ve known this all summer, but since all my friends have come back to town, I’ve become more motivated to get out, and find something new. I’ve signed a 12 month lease in Holmedale, so I’ll be here for the year, so whatever I do it’s going to have to take place in or around the GBA (greater Brantford area).

My problem is not that I have no options, it’s that I have too many options, and don’t know what I’m looking for. I know that at some point I’ll go back to school, for either my masters or another degree/diploma, but for the time being I want to try something new. I also want to travel before I get too loaded down with debt and responsibility. I want to do something that I actually care about, and something that I will enjoy.

I don’t know what’s going to happen or what I’ll end up doing, but stay tuned and I’ll keep you abreast of my upcoming travails.

1 comment:

Sazzmo said...

Might I suggest finding some career that combines your love of pirates, your love of people, and your love of doing your laundry?

Like the events co-ordinator on a cruise ship, who dresses as a pirate and does laundry?

Or bum... dressed as a pirate with his hand down his pants?