Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Does this bike make my butt look fast?

Yesterday Shabudabu and I went for a bike ride. We passed the ‘dead end’ and rode deep into the forest. There was a poison ivy scare followed by an important talk on a tree stump. By that time it was dark and we were running out of wild rhubarb. We had no choice but to ride back home, through the woods, in the dark. All was well, until we came across a tree which had fallen directly into our path home. Then Shabudabu fell off her bike and when she got up, her bike gears got jammed. The fun didn’t stop there though and as we rode I failed to notice a large metal baracade and biked head long into it. Immediately following that rather painful mishap, I careened directly into a garbage can after discovering my last collision had altered the functionality of my breaks.

The rest of the ride home was blissfully uneventful!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my wow. Sj and I are coming next time. perhaps there are two stumps that can be used for important talks.

None said...

just as long as we don't leave close to sunset...:)

Hermano Rojo said...

As beautifull as the ride into the woods was, the painfull ride back out makes me inclined to agree with Shabudabu. Avoiding a dark bike ride would probably be best.

Anonymous said...

So I suppose riding your bike up to Wiarton would be out of the question...?!?!?