Sunday, August 05, 2007

My last 5 minutes.

It's funny, how sometimes things happen all at once. This is what just happened to me. . .

I came home from getting some groceries and calling my Mom to wish her a happy birthday and I thought to myself 'now what?' That thought was followed by a moment of absolute boredom during which time I decided I would do the dishes. I removed my shirt so as not to soil or dampen it while the dishes were being done. While I did this I discovered that I needed to have a shower. No big deal, I'd do it after the dishes.

So I started to wash the cups. I got about 5 cups in when one broke and I slice my right little finger open. This was particularly shitty because I was bleeding all over the place and there were no paper towels to be found. The level of shittyness rose even higher because, as you recall, I'm in someone else's house at the moment, and don't really want to be bloodying up the place while they're away on vacation. Eventually I managed to migrate to the bathroom leaving behind me no little red trail. While in the bathroom I found some gauze and managed to tape up my finger. Thank God, crisis averted.

Then I stepped out of the bathroom and missed the first step. I didn't fall though, thanks to the fact that I was able to stabilize myself quickly with my right big toe, which was then torn open. I managed to hobble back into the bathroom and gauzed that one up too. At this point I'm sitting at home, with a finger that I can't wash dishes with for a while, and a toe that will make it horribly painful to shower. Compoud this with the fact that I have plans to hang out with some people I just met the other day, and I need to text them and have no credit on my mobile. I also don't remember their names particualrly well, and I smell like BO.

And now (yes, actually just now) I noticed that my finger is bandaged too tightly and has turned purple.

Strangely though, I find the whole thing kind of funny!

5 comments:

Sazzmo said...

I think you damaged your toe in a sub-conscious sympathy pain to me...

As yesterday I was at my family reunion and when jumping over the inflatable water slide, I happened to land big toe first, rip it open and now its all purple/likely broken.

Two of my cousins also broke/cut up their toes by landing funny/randomly...

It was our first family reunion with so few injuries. We did good...

Hermano Rojo said...

Perhaps the stars alligned in such a way that caused us all to destroy out toes! At least that's probably the most likely explaination.

Anonymous said...

It's your birthday dude??!?!
Congrats and have a great beerday :)
Blessings on your finger and toe situation... I hope your playstationing ability isn't seriously affected!

Anonymous said...

perhaps the not remembering is somehow tied to all the blood loss... except we know full well your kind (gingers) does not have any blood except for that which they suck from small children...

jd.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're alive and mostly well.

You're currently missing the Pirate Festival... but I suppose you won't be to heartbroken considering you're in Ireland flat sitting.

I'll think of you while Jolly Rogering with the crew. eww.. that wasn't supposed to sound dirty....