Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Here's an excerp from a recent e-mail home

I've moved on from Wicklow now, and am in Dublin. I had GREAT crack in Wicklow too though! On my last day we went on a hike in the woods and came across a river. This river was beautifull, so we stopped to enjoy it. 'Twas at that poin that we found 11 500ml bottles of cider. So . . . we took 'em. While we were gathering these beer, I happened to look into the river and notice a full can of Budwiser floating past. Following that I found a fottle of Miller sitting in the shallows. 'Twas grand and it was the start of a great night!

I arrived in Dublin yesterday around noonish. I managed to find a German couple who would put me up for an indefinite period (always a good thing) and along with them came a couple of guys from Germany, a girl from Finland, and another girl from Argentina. They're all great craic and today a bunch of us snuck (we didn't have to try very hard) into the Guinness brewery. We did the entire thing, went to a tasting, and at the end of the tour, some American guy I just bumped into asked me 'Hey, do you want a free beer?' My obvious answer was 'Yes!' and there I was, enjoying a 360 degree view of dublin, in a pub that I wasn't allowed into without paying, with a pint of Guinness that I didn't have to pay for.

Tonight we're going to go to a free pub that's going to play reggae/sca/dub/Brazillian music. Should be good, but if not, who cares, something else is going on within a couple of minuites walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dude... I found your blog when I was googling the circus in Wicklow Town :)

Well done on your beer finds in the forest!!! Please don't advertise this fact. We've discovered how to grow beer trees but it's still in its experimentitive stage so we're keeping it on the hush hush. We've also managed to succesfully grow bong bushes too.

The free pint in the Guiness factory is to soften you after you've paid an arm and a leg to get into the kip. Works for me too! Did you write a message on the post-it board?

You've graduated to my favourites list! It'll cost you 50 dollars. A cheque will be fine. ;)

Hermano Rojo said...

Ah, well, I guess the money I saved on drink could be used now to buy friends. And really, $50 Canadian is like what? €10? I'd say that's value!