Saturday, August 04, 2007

Diet coke? I'm on my knees screamin' . . .

It's all over the radio and club scene here, and it's catchy as hell!!

Big Girls

Actually there's a lot of good music (well, fun at least) playing over here but I have no idea what any of it is or who sings it.

Last Monday, a group of us went to a pub that was playing some awsome music! It was all gypsy stuff and it was fantastic! I knew a couple of the songs by Gogol Bordello, but for the most part I didn't know anything. So I asked the DJ, these were his albums . . .

Electric Gypsyland (2 CDs from Crammed Disks)
Balkan Beat Box
Balkan Beats (www.eastblokmusic.com)
Gypsy Beats and Balkan Bangers
Barcelona Raval Sessions (2 CDs www.kindustria.com)

Check 'em out! They're good!

WOW! And there's a new Manu Chao CD coming out in September!!!

2 comments:

None said...

You know its funny because I had not seen that video before. However last May a friend and I went to see Spiderman 2 and they played the song Grace Kelly by Mika as a preview between car commercials. It was on my ipod for awhile after that and I was going around saying "Ca-Ching-Ah!" (like the end of the video) every time good things happened. :)

Hermano Rojo said...

That's funny. I'd never seen that video before! I think I knew his other one Lollipop but only heard it a couple of times.

You'll have to check out the new Manu Chao CD though. I wonder what it'll be like. He's very popular over here with any foreigner that doesn't speak English, and even a few (like myself) who do.