Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Flea Market Find

The other day Shabudabu and I hit the greatest flea market known to mankind in Copetown. While she checked out the market’s selection of princess wagons, I made a stellar purchase (do people still say stellar?) for less than the advertised rate. $2 less in fact. The huge pub/legion-esk portrait of Winston Churchill was listed as costing $20 but I got it for $18. It’s got a bit of water damage, but overall I am happy with the purchase. I also have a lead on a similar (both in proportion and price) portrait of Sir Wilfrid Laurier which might soon find itself up for sale.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why?

And I don't mean why as in 'why would you waste your money' but more so in interest. I mean I myself have strange things on my walls.

Hermano Rojo said...

I thought it was kinda funny. It was a toss up between this picture and a stuffed goat head. I was really leaning towards the goat's head, but I didn't have the funds necessary to buy it.

Plus I would probably never actually find a roomate who would want a goat head on the wall.

None said...

pauvre chevre.

and it smelt just as good as the day they stuffed it!

Sazzmo said...

Grayson... check your damn email... and then respond to the one from me...





(It's about pirates... and possibly bowling...)