Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Little beasties

I've been watching, and really enjoying, a television series that I borrowed from the Dread Pirate Dobson called 'Supernatural'. In essence it's about a couple of brothers who go around hunting cryptids, demons, ghosts etc. etc.

In the 2nd episode of the 1st season, the show centred on the Wendigo. That got me thinking. I used to have a tremendous interest in all things cryptological. Truth be told, I still do, although it's an interest I've done little to nurture in recent years.

And strange as it may seem, the Wendigo seems to keep popping up. Like in the 'Yak Wendigo War', part of an online comic strip called 'Scary Go Round' (I can't find the exact link, but it's in there somewhere. It's worth reading anyways, so go make yourself a pot of tea and work away.) introduced to me by the Dread Piratess Gil. And... well, I guess that T.V. show I was talking about earlier. Anyway...

So I got interested and looked into it a little. And now I'm hooked. I'm going to have to go through all my books here and scare myself half to death before I attempt to drift off to sleep. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, or ever worthwhile, but what the hell eh?

1 comment:

June said...

Glad to see you're still into it. This is the start of that particular story, in case anyone wants to read it. It -is- a good comic (and the Wendigo vs The Bell story is my favourite):

http://scarygoround.com/sgr/ar.php?date=20080312

Also, John is going to start a new comic, which will be set up in a school. He had 2 classes of 25 to fill, and the kids have to be the same every time, so he asked some of us if we wanted to be in the comic. Yep, he's going to give us a seat, a new name, a blazer and a childish demeanour. I'm so looking forward to it...

Let me know how things are, gotta go see which kind of take away I should get today (the bad part of not being totally settled yet).

Dread Piratess Gil.

P.S. If you manage to learn more about the Wendigo, please do let me know about it! I'm fascinated by it.