Sunday, September 27, 2009

Job Search '09 II

So, yesterday I went back out, once again, into the cruel world, to hand out resumes, fill out application forms, make good impressions, and secure employment.

I realized early in the day that the 15 resumes I'd handed out the day before had a small typo. Where it should have said that I worked at Blockbuster Video in Grimsby, it instead read that I'd worked at Blockbuster Video in Blockbuster Video. I fixed it and printed 15 more resumes. What else could I do?

And so, the adventure commenced again. Mom came with me this time and acted as the getaway driver. Our first stop was in Smithville at a pub. Our second stop was to get breakfast. In fact, after this our pace never picked up until much later in the day. After handing out about 5 resumes, Mom pointed out that I had a toothpick in my hair. I'd put it behind my ear and not noticed that I still had it hanging there. Then I noticed that my shirt had come untucked at the back, and that I looked like a jackass. So I tucked it in and kept on trucking.

By the end of the day I'd handed out my 15 resumes (bringing the grand total for the last 2 days to 30 resumes out there in circulation) and I'm planning on heading into Brantford later in the week to try to circulate a shit load more. And hopefully I'll get so many call backs that I'll get to pick and chose.

Oh, and if anyone happens to be reading this, how 'bout dropping me a comment. I'm like 10 posts in with 0 comments on each.

2 comments:

June said...

I'm reading. And that's a lie. I commented on the Wendigo post a few days back. Perhaps if you answered the comments, people would comment more often ;)

June.

P.S. Manchester is a -blast-!

Unknown said...

I've been reading. That's kind of all I have to say.

Good luck on the job hunt -- I'm sure you'll wrangle something great.