Saturday, July 29, 2006

A lad's night out

Last night some friends and I went to Sammy's Recroom, a sports bar in West Brant. The place is fantastic for two reasons, the first being the fantastic food. The second reason why this bar/restaurant is so great is fact that the great food is relatively inexpensive. Affordable, great tasting food. How can you go wrong!?

Following dinner we all hit Jumbo Video to grab a movie. I spent my time in the $4.99 previously viewed DVD section. They actually had some really good sounding stuff. We ended up not renting anything, and watching one of the movies I bought (I bought two and got one free!!) called 'The Yes Men'. It was actually really good, and got me thinking more activist like thoughts. I figure if you can combine important political/social messages with the sort of innocent Amelie-esk sense of positive surprise and curiosity, you'll have a pretty good formula for making positive change.

Tonight, I get to see Shabudabu and watch another section of Tom Jones. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my other half, as it's been a few days since I've been able to.

2 comments:

None said...

so we have plans then. cool.

maybe you could even pick me up from work @ 1030?

Hermano Rojo said...

sounds like a plan.