Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A little more information for you.

Okay folks, I've been in Portugal now for 5 weeks and have posted only that last (and let's face it) shitty post, so now I've got 10 minutes to turn this whole thing around and post a mind blowing entry that people will be talking about for centuries!

Seeing as a picture is much more expressive than I can possibly hope to be in 10 minutes let's start with a few of them.

These first 2 pictures are of Lisbon where I spent 4 nights couchsurfing in a hostel and hanging out with a friend from the Netherlands that I met on the bus and a couple of Brasilians, a Texan, a Norwegian, an Estonian, and others that I know I'm forgetting and having a whale of a time in the scary little streets in the old city.

These next 2 are where I spent all those cold nights in January and the first week of February. It's called Paradise in Portugal and I stayed at the resort expense free and met people from all over the world.

This is a dude on his way . . . somewhere. I snapped the picture (I asked him first) on the way back from Santa Clara with the groceries for the Quinta.
This was about an hour and a half ago in Faro. I was in a park reading a book when all these Peacocks (and Peahens to be inclusive) walked out from behind the bench I was sitting on. I fed them some crumbs to get this picture.

Any of the really good ones from Portimão are on my friends camera and he's going to mail a CD of them to me in about 2 weeks. I won't get it 'till I'm back in Canada though, so you're just going to have to be patient.

And now dearest friends, you know a little more about what I've been up to these past few days during the terrible silence that befell my blog. And e-mail correspondance. And Facebook. And phone calls. ANYWAY, I'm still alive and still having a ball.

1 comment:

--b said...

your hair is huge in that first picture! well done. nice side burns too.