Friday, November 16, 2007

Back in Belgium

For those who don't know (and those who read my blog. This means you Clayton.) I've just returned to Belgium from Amsterdam. After my last experience hitchhiking I decided to just take the bus. (Last time took me 5 hours to get 2 hours up the road and it was hailing and cold and dark so I just gave up and took the bus and then the train. This time I just paid €5 more and took the train all the way in.

It was sold out on the internet, but when I arrived in person it only had 5 people on board, so I managed to get a ticket (discounted again because I'm under 25 ;) ) with no problem at all.


The trip took 5 hours so I slept a bunch. Then in Leuven I found my friends weren't home so I asked a stranger if she knew of a pay phone. She didn't so she took me back to her house, baby strapped to her chest, and let me use her phone. No answer, so I went to the pub ... for 5 hours.
In my defense I only had 6 beers (not even pints) over the course of 5 hours. To my detriment it was Duvel which is 8.8%, so I was a bit toasty when some granny started to chat me up in French. Fortunately my friends arrived before she could buy me another beer and she left. Then we left.


After arriving chez mes amis, we played 'Sing Star' on the play station. Turns out I suck. Then everyone left so I'm currently alone in a flat in Leuven, Belgium. It wouldn't be so bad if the T.V. was working but as far as I can tell I just have to wait for technical problem to be solved. I could read, or journal but I've been doing that a shit load today in that pub and I'm not really up for it again.


In other news I got a new Camera in Amsterdam!! It was priced €150 but I got it for €100 with 2 free memory cards. Not really cheap but it's good to have a camera again. Here is one picture. I don't know how to change the picture quality on my camera so everything is too big to upload all at once.

4 comments:

None said...

Well the camera will come in handy...and the mustache...well lets just say it adds character and warmth to every pose you make, including this one.
Cheers.

Hermano Rojo said...

Thanks! It also adds warmth to my upper lip, which at this time of year is always a good thing!

Anonymous said...

How much longer are you planning to hang out "over there"? I forget exactly what you've told me previously and it seems that now you'll be working on a farm in France until some indeterminate time in the future. I'm considering a six month stay at a farm in Iceland before I go off to Germany with Jackie next September....

Hermano Rojo said...

Iceland is a long way away man but heck why not? I won´t be in Europe in September, in fact I´ll be in Canada around May so we´ll have to catch up before you bugger off.

What´s the story with Germany?