Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A new and improved update.

The waiting game is over (It was a quick game!). After connecting with a few folks overseas this is my revised Irish itinerary . . .

I’ve got a tree nursery in Co. Clare to stay at the first week or so after I arrive in Ireland. They’re going to send someone to meet me at the airport. Once I’m there they’ll take care of food and accommodations. I won’t be the only volunteer there either so I’ll have some folks to chat with who’re in the same boat as me.

Once I’m finished in Co. Clare I’ll head south to Co. Cork to help a man with his pedigree goats. I’ll be there for a little while, which I’m looking forward to because I’ll have my own room and en-suite and access to a sauna.

After that I’m going to head west to Co. Kerry where I’ll help stay with a musician and his family for a week or so and then perhaps head to the Dingle Peninsula. I hear it’s a very traditional area of Ireland where hearing farmers conversing in Celtic is quite common.

After that I’m going to head East to Co. Wicklow to this place where I’ll be camped out for a while and meeting people and helping out as much as possible. This is my last official stop on my trip before I nip up to Dublin for a couple days and then continue my journey in Wales, England, and Scotland.

I would love the opportunity to visit Northern Ireland, but I guess I’ll just have to play that one by ear!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow ! I envy you , that's quite a grand adventure.

What are the chances of getting you back to Brantford before you go ?

Glow Worm said...

I've heard many a good things from Great Big Sea about Clare County (Sean goes all the time!). Keep in touch okay? I've just learned the hard way about how important it is to keep the letters, e-mails and/or phone calls regular. I'll send you a postcard from California if I can get an address from you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have lots of fun, and meet many fine ladies.

Anonymous said...

http://gorillamask.net/gingerkids.shtml

evil ginger kids... souless things.

Unknown said...

wow. all i can say is wow. this trip has you written all over it!