Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Here’s an update!

I’ve been talking to some people in Ireland and I’ve got a farm lined up for the last week of May and a couch arranged for when I first arrive. Aside from that I’ve got nothing. I sent out about 7 more e-mails, to farms in Ireland, today to see who could put me up for a while. Now I’m sitting back and playing the waiting game.

It’s funny how when you’re planning a trip everything seems so attainable and then once you’ve booked the ticket and you’re watching the departure date approach you start to doubt yourself! I know I’ll be fine. I know I’ve got the skills I’ll need to get by. I know I’ll love Ireland and all of Europe when I’m there. However, regardless of everything I know, there’s still a voice in my head saying ‘What the hell have you gotten yourself into?’.

I guess I’ll have my answer May 10th.

2 comments:

Sazzmo said...

You left a highlighted message on my blog, but no actual link... Your attempt to confound me has succeeded...

Hermano Rojo said...

Not only have my worst fears been realized, but my cover story has been anticipated!!!

You sly bastard!

Anyway, the link was SUPPOSED to be about a guy who has been travelling around the world with a big inflatable couch. I can't find the site now.

It was quite good! You should try to find it!