Monday, August 28, 2006

Another Fantastic Adventure

This time due to some poor scheduling I ended up spending two days in Toronto and managed to catch 2 separate festivals. The first was the Toronto Busker Festival on Front and Queen. Glum Chum and I got there late but managed to catch two shows and enjoy a great bean dish from a street vendor. The last show we caught was a huge fire show, the MC Busker of which happened to live in the house we were staying in, yet we never would have known about it if we hadn’t overheard a hippie talking about it while we were in Kensington Market.

The second day was spent sleeping in, enjoying breakfast, buying some art supplies, drawing comics, and then dressing in pirate garb and taking the street car to Old Fort York for the Pirate Festival. We stayed late for the adults only show, which featured comics, magicians, singing, belly dancing and of course . . . drinking. We met some new friends, saw some old ones we’d lost contact with, and had a fantastic night! I took pictures to prove it!

6 comments:

None said...

I think the hook-pulling-the-cheek was an excellent move. It really makes the shot. Now I am truly convinced you are a pirate.

Well done.

Sazzmo said...

Yes good times... I couldn't find your art supplies though...

Hermano Rojo said...

you better have found my art supplies. I sent you several text messages giving you possible locations.

Sazzmo said...

And I searched those places to no avail...

Hermano Rojo said...

Rats! I thought you were kidding! Where the hell could they be?

Anonymous said...

hahaha... LOVE these!