Monday, December 05, 2005

So I called Texas . . .

Today at work I was adding some time to a gentleman’s ‘pay as you go’ account (not something we normally do, but he was having difficulty). I called the standard ‘pay as you go’ 1-800 number, but instead of talking to Melanie the voice activated robot, I connected with a woman from Waco Texas. She said she had been receiving a lot of wrong numbers from Canada since she changed her telephone carrier. I talked for a bit, then hung up and called the same number again. This time I connected to Rogers and after adding the gentleman’s time card, I reported the error to the operator who was just as surprised as I had been.

It reminds me of the time, in residence, when one of the front door buzz codes accidentally connected to some guys condo in Toronto. It makes me laugh to think of him constantly having university girls calling him and asking to come in.

4 comments:

Sazzmo said...

How sad for that guy that they never actually showed up...

Sazzmo said...

You'd be interested in my blog right now mano...

Anonymous said...

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Grayson+Sherritt&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryCA

This fellow sounds intelligent.

Hermano Rojo said...

Who wrote those things about me on the internet!?!? They seem to know everything about me! ;)