Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My chullo chapeau


This is a boy wearing a chullo in Peru. He looks like he loves every minute of it, and why wouldn’t he. It’s a sweet chullo! I’ve got a chullo with some llamas on it which, although purchased in Toronto, was originally made in Peru.

I’ve once again become quite interested in international travel. The more I look at the pictures on TrekEarth the more I realize that there is so much more of the world which I might never get to experience. I have no real reason not to travel, except a weird fear that it might be dangerous.

7 comments:

None said...

i agree that its a nice hat and you should explore the world, but heaven's sake, give the kid a face cloth! ;)

Glow Worm said...

Peru would be beautiful to see! I don't recommend Hawai'i tho; those people are sketchy and weird....I hope to get to England soon. We'll have to swap stories when you start your travels!

Anonymous said...

Fear of travel is quite normal, why it was while on a trip to guatamala that I lost my right index finger to a band of kidnappers. Let that be a lesson to you to always have kidnapping insurance... now i don't travel anymore, in fact i never leave my yard.

George Takei.

Unknown said...

i would like to come with you. i really would. we can wear our hats.

Hermano Rojo said...

Perhaps after I have some money saved, we will talk . . .

Anonymous said...

You don't need money to travel... well, you need a little, but there are ways to get by without it. Book last minute cancellation flights and you'll get cheap rates. (I only paid $350 canadian for my last roundtrip flight to England. Yes, that was my flight there and back.) Go to a travle agent and ask them to dig around for something cheap. You won't find those kinds of deals online. Find penpals online for cheap places to stay while travelling. Oh, and check out www.couchsurfing.com for other no-money travel options. I might recommend looking for a job that lets your travel too. International spy maybe?

Hermano Rojo said...

Great advice! And good to know you're still reading!