Wednesday, October 06, 2010

My diabolical tea scheme

Each morning I purchase, from the coffee bar downstairs, a large cup of tea for 40p. But unbeknownst to the establishment I have, over the weeks, amassed a selection of teas in my desk drawer. For herbal or green teas I reuse the café’s paper cup and all I have to do is add hot water from the coffee machine before I can enjoy a steaming cup of bliss.

For a cup of PG Tips I have a far more sinister tactic. I reuse the café’s paper cup, pop in a tea bag and hot water and head for the elevator. Once in the lobby I make my way over to the café but instead of going to the counter I aim slightly to the right and walk up to the carafe’s. It’s at this point that I adopt a nonchalant aire and casually milk up my brew ‘till it’s colouration indicates the perfect timing for delicate application to my pallet.

Minor infringement or massive disgrace? Have a look at the math and you be the judge …

Black tea

40p x 2 cups a day x 5 days a week x 16 weeks = £64 total savings

Herbal/Green tea

50p x 2 cups a day x 5 days a week x 16 weeks = £80 total savings

Please note that the only real cost to the café is a splash of milk which probably only measures a cup every 2 days. The rest is just good economics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any human being having to pay for the honour of drinking horrendous PG Tips is an UTTER DISGRACE!